2019 Excellence in Governance Award Shortlisted Companies
Governance Professionals of Canada (GPC) announced the shortlist for the 2019 Excellence in Governance Awards/Prix d'excellence en gouvernance (EGAs), at its 21st annual conference in Québec City, Québec.
The winners will be announced at the EGAs gala dinner on Thursday, November 7, 2019 at The Carlu in Toronto.
GPC received around 70 nominations this year from organizations across all sectors. The shortlisted nominees, organized by category, are presented below:1. Best Practice in Enterprise Risk Management
2. Best Practice in Sustainability and ESG
3. Best Approach to Achieving Effective Board and Committee Operations
4. Best Practices in Diversity and Inclusion
5. Best Practices in Strategic Planning, Oversight and Value Creation by the Board
6. Best Engagement by a Governance Team
7. Best Compensation Disclosure and Communication
8. Best Practices in Subsidiary Governance
9. Best Overall Corporate Governance
For EGA inquiries, please contact: