GPC is seeking candidates for its 2023 – 2024 Board of Directors
The GPC Board of Directors makes important decisions that shape the future of the organization and provides critical guidance and oversight by determining and monitoring the strategic direction of the organization.
We are looking to recruit one (1) board member to reflect the diversity of Canada and our membership, including ethnicity, culture, disability, economic circumstances, sexual orientation and gender identity. We are also looking to have a balance of directors from public, private, and other sectors.
Previous experience on a board of directors is desirable, but not essential. Time commitment is a minimum of 4 Board meetings per year, 2 strategic planning sessions, serving on at least one Board Committee that meets at minimum 4 times per year, attendance at the annual conference and Excellence in Governance Awards ceremony. This is a volunteer role.
To view the GPC Board of Directors Mandate, Click here.
The GPC Board seeks to ensure that it includes the skills, experience, competencies and attributes necessary to effectively oversee the operations and long-term strategy of the GPC. At this time, the GPC Board is seeking an individual with the following expertise and attributes to add to the Board:
- Financial management experience including financial statements and reporting;
- A professional accounting designation;
- An understanding of and commitment to the mandate of the GPC;
- An ability to think strategically, independently and objectively;
- A collaborative team player who interacts effectively with other board members in a constructive manner;
- An effective communicator;
- Tact and diplomacy; and
- Credibility, integrity and high ethical standards.
All candidates will be considered by the Governance and Nominations Committee taking into account their relevant mix of skills and experience.
Directors are elected by GPC members for a one-year term and may stand for re-election by members on an annual basis.
If you are interested in this opportunity, we encourage you to submit your resume with a brief cover letter outlining:
- skills and experience;
- your present or past involvement in GPC, if applicable;
- how you as a member of the Board of Directors, might best contribute to GPC.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Colleen Ouellette, Chair of the Governance and Nominations Committee,[email protected]
If you have any questions, please contact Colleen Ouellette directly.
All applications for the 2023 – 2024 GPC Board of Directors and Committees must be received by June 9, 2023.